Welcome to our website www.becomingadr.co.uk
Things To Do List
Year 12 Students
- Relax – take some time out to detox after those exams! You deserve it!
- Do not spend your Summer working 24/7! Remember medical schools look for candidates that maintain a work – life balance🙂
- Find out about entrance exams for medical schools – UKCAT and BMAT. If you are applying to a UK Medical School it is more than likely that you will have to sit the UKCAT. Please see our blog post entitled UKCAT for 2018 entry here.
- If you are definitely taking the UKCAT you can find tips on our @BecomingaDr ‘Preparing for the UKCAT’ section.
- The BMAT will be offered twice this year for the first time. There will be a September and November sitting. Are you taking the BMAT? Check out which medical schools need it on our @BecomingaDr blog post entitled BMAT for 2018 entry here.
- If you are definitely taking the BMAT you can find tips on our ‘Preparing for the BMAT’ section.
- Have you undertaken any work experience placements? There is no set amount mandated, however you should make every effort to find out about a career in Medicine by contacting Hospitals, GP Surgeries, Doctors etc. Need help finding work experience? Check out our Finding Work Experience section.
- Learn how to reflect on your work experience in our dedicated @BecomingaDr blog post ‘Reflecting skills’ here.
- Have you been volunteering? Medical Schools desire long term placements. These can be in a care home, hospital ward, operating the tea trolley service, supporting younger students etc. Check out our @BecomingaDr Volunteering blog post here.
- Start drafting your personal statement. It is best to work on this over the Summer period where you can reflect on your experiences and build it up over time. A good statement is the product of hard work over a period of time that allows you to reflect on your personal journey. Check out our @BecomingaDr Personal Statement blog post here.